Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FINALLY time to scrap... :-)

Do you ever get that feeling of being totally overwhelmed...and not know how to catch up? Well, that has been me the last week. With Mark working full time, Evan needing more and more supervision, my new job at Crop Paper Scissors in Lewiston, ID, and a house that never seems to be clean, I feel like I am going to crazy! I did buy a Memory Dock planner a while back, but over the last few months I have not been using it. I'm not sure why... I just stopped keeping track of my life, I guess. Last night I dusted off the cover, and really organized myself.

It feels good.


It makes me feel sane again.


I planned our meals for the next month... wrote up a giant to-do list... marked important dates (like our four year anniversary {of dating} that is coming up on the 14th! How exciting!)... all sorts of organized, important things. I really feel productive! Love that feeling.

I had some time Sunday night to sit and scrap actual layouts! I was so happy to be doing what I love. miniBooks and cards are great, and I love doing them, but everyday, 12 x 12 layouts are my fav. I love the instant gratification it brings me. I always feel so productive when I finish a couple of pages in one night. Like I have recorded, permanently, important facts and memo
ries of our lives. Everyday photos and layouts are the reason I started this hobby. No pressure, just fun.



I did this layout for Crop Paper Scissors using the new Karen Foster "Dad" line. I scraplifted from Jamie Waters in the June 2007 Creating Keepsakes.


I was also giving a Carolee's Creations kit to play with... it was so fun to use photos of Evan as an infant. He was only 2 1/2 months old here!

My inspiration lately has been from cool product I have lying around in my studio. Not necessarily new product, just fun, vibrant, tried-and-true supplies I love to use:


Paint... in any color.


My new, super cool, pink mini garbage can from Around the Block.


Fun ribbon.



Florals...especially in pink and green.


Buttons! I love buttons... :-)

Happy Scrappin'!

1 comment:

Bethany E. said...

Erin! I'm SO glad you updated...you're back to yourself (being all organized)...lol! I LOVE seeing your work! Awesome job:)