Sunday, September 9, 2007

Family, Jewelry, a Bonked Head, and Golf...

...equals one very busy weekend for us. My parents arrived a little after nine last night, ending a very long day for them. My dad is a Tax Analyst for a company out of Renton, and my mom is a Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) in the Franklin Pierce School District, and of course they both had to work yesterday! After their "real jobs" they hopped in the car, and 300 miles later they were here! My friend, Merry, hosted a Fifth Ave. show today, which was a lot of fun. I didn't really know the girls she invited all that well, so it was nice spending time with them. Mark, my dad, and Evan went to Spokane to pick up Mark's new, fancy guitar. He traded in two guitars for a new one...it's black and shiny. And it sounds nice. So, I think it is exactly what Mark wanted!

During the show today, Mark brought Evan into the Recreation Center (in our apartment complex), to show off Evan's new forehead...he had fallen into the wall and bashed it, leaving a good size red mark, and a goose egg. Lovely. So, not only did he not nap, he also has a bump the size of Texas on his head!

Today was a lot of fun, but I am definitely ready for bed. I can only handle so much excitement in one day...

1 comment:

Kristi Wildung said...

Did you know the bump on my forehead is from crashing into another child while playing hide and go seek in third grade? Hopefully that won't be the case for Evan! You'd better be getting lots of rest because it's only three days until we retreat!!!