Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Better late than never...

So I know I said in my last post I would update with a couple of layouts, but life has gotten in the way:

Evan & I have been enjoying our beautiful Spring weather.
I have been nesting like crazy... putting together a swing, bouncer, stroller/car seat combo, pack 'n play, etc.
Two trips to the park & two walks with Daddy in the last three days.
Grocery shopping, lots of laundry, & visiting with friends.

I did get a chance to finish a layout tonight inspired by Simple Scrapbooks last "special issue" Scrapbook Play with Photos. I love the idea of using a photo as a page, and one of the prompts was to do just that. I chose to use the photo as the right page of my two-page layout:



**I love how messy my desk is in these photos! I am definitely a "cluttered" scrapbooker... I love looking through piles & creating freely. I tend to do all of my cleaning after my page/project is complete, not during the process. It works for me. And I apologize about the horrible pictures. My external flash is in my car (I think), and it's almost one in the morning, so I'm not going out to get it!


[Supplies: Cardstock/ink Stampin' Up!, pattern paper Basic Grey, orange letter stickers/green "e" Scenic Route, green thickers American Crafts, die-cuts/felt flowers/mini alphabet stickers/brads Making Memories, stamp October Afternoon.]

The weather the last three days has been so perfect, and we have been taking full advantage by getting outside. Sunday evening Mark called the house from his office & asked if Evan and I wanted to join him & a couple of his buddies at the park. They were throwing a football around & enjoying the beautiful weather. Of course we obliged, and Evan had such a blast playing with the big boys:






We also had a visitor yesterday for a bit. Evan's friend played with us for most of the morning & I was able to get them to sit still for a few seconds to take a couple of photos.





We took our second trip to the park this morning. We were there for about 3 minutes before I regretted putting Evan in long sleeves. The weather report said it was going to be 60 today, but by noon it was creeping toward 70 degrees! Evan was a little sad no one else was on the jungle gym, but he went down the slide a few dozen times until another little boy joined us.

The last time we visited the park Evan slipped on the bridge of the jungle gym and hurt his hand. He was so upset by the injury & talked about it for weeks. When we got to the park today he once again brought up his "owie on the bridge" (pronounced "fridge") & wouldn't go across the bridge. Right before we left the other little boy, who was many months younger than Evan, crossed the bridge with no problems. I could tell Evan was flabbergasted that this younger person had done something so amazing as crossing the very dangerous bridge. So Evan got on his hands and knees and scooted backwards across the bridge. When he got to the other side he jumped up and down yelling "I did it! No big owie! I did it!" Way to celebrate your victories, kid-o, no matter how small.





We are off to a doctor's appointment, pre-registration @ the hospital, and other appointments tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments: