Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scrapbooking Updates & Recent Layouts

* Ali Edwards' Yesterday & Today class starts tomorrow. I am ready to start working with old photos & my new typewriter. Part of our pre-class assignment was to think of 12 stories we want to tell; I have a list going of my topics, mostly stories that I have been putting off because of one reason or another. I am totally ready to embrace this class and finish all the assignments on time.

* I'm still working through Cathy Zielske's Me: The Abridged Version class, also through Big Picture. I have about half the photos I need, almost all the journaling is finished, and my paper blocks cut and inked. I have been slowly, but steadily, working on this project, and I am very proud of what I have written. I will share when I'm finished.

* Scenic Route, one of my most favorite scrapbooking companies, has decided to call it quits. I am so sad to hear another industry leader is going out of business. My poor hobby is not doing so well during this recession, that's for sure.

* I haven't posted any layouts in the past couple of weeks, so I thought I would share:























































{all layouts inspired by Ali Edwards}

I am going to finish watching Eastwick and then I'm off to bed.

Peace.

2 comments:

Dana said...

awesome layouts. I'm glad you posted your blog link on the message board for Ali's class. You are going into my google reader for inspiration!

Cass said...

oh, i am really loving your {ali} layouts! so nice ... i haven't tried any digital scrapbooking (a little nervous to??) but would love to learn to get the pages like that!
oh, i love all things ali edwards!

and love your post about fall! one of my favorite seasons too ... but this year the cold has come early and we're on our 3rd snow day already (?!!??) and so our long prairie winter is not far behind. ahh, good time to hibernate with a newborn, methinks!