Monday, May 24, 2010

Evan's First Joke: A layout.

As I write this, Jack is sitting next to me in his high chair consuming Strawberries faster than I can cut them, all while squealing at me and shouting "Mo!" And every third strawberry ends up on the floor. When we had Jack, our family got much, much louder (and messier)! But his face is so cute covered in Strawberry goo :-)

When I took Cathy Z.'s "Design Your Life" class at the beginning of the year, I knew I would not finish all 36 layouts in three months. I am a very slow scrapbooker, and I tend to over-analyze, adjust, and fiddle with my layouts for a l-o-n-g time before I decide they are finished. I open elements that I don't end up using, change my font selection 15 times (and end up using George or Amalie, because they are my favorite fonts), add and remove elements, and some times I even take a break and come back to the layout the next day, only to decide it's already finished. My perfectionist tendencies when it comes to scrapbooking and cardmaking can sometimes hinder my process, but for the most part I'm okay with it. It's all part of my creative process. Anyway, the class ended in April (or was it March?), and I am still working to complete all my layouts.

For this layout, I wanted to use these photos of Evan, but I didn't have any specific journaling in mind. And I can't have a layout without journaling. Which can sometimes be a problem when I just want to use cute photos of my kids, and all I have to say is "Look at my cute kids!" Then Evan told Mark his first joke on Friday, and I knew what my journaling would be. The photos are a few weeks old, but it didn't matter. I was just happy my photos had some meaningful journaling, and my page is complete. I think.


[Supplies- Layered template: Cathy Z. All others: Karla Dudley Designs.]

The kids and I are heading west tomorrow to visit my family, so posting might be light for the next week. We have so many fun things planned with family and friends, and my baby sister is graduating from college on Sunday. I am flying solo with the kids for the first time, so wish me luck! Our flight leaves at 8pm eastern time, so I am hoping both babies sleep for a majority of the flight.

I need to start packing and finish up the laundry...

xoxo,
Erin.

1 comment:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG! That's too funny. Your page is absolute perfection. I love, love it.