Saturday, January 28, 2012

Project Life Week 3

Welcome to Week 3!


It's only been three weeks, but I have printed more photos this year than all of last year. And as I've been putting photos in pockets I've noticed a few things:

* I take a lot more photos of Jack than Evan these days. Evan is in school 6.5 hours per day while I'm home with Jack, so I spend more time with the little one... but now that I'm aware of the clear one-sidedness, I'm making a better effort to take some pictures of Evan after school. Also on my list is to capture our hectic/chaotic mornings. Maybe with my iPod & Instagram next week.

* While I'm trying to get in more photos, I need to do a better job of it. And I need to get Mark in more photos, too. It's Project Life, not Project Evan and Jack.

* I love little labels & tags, but I would like this project to be more artsy at times... I have a whole studio full of scrapbooking products. There is no reason I shouldn't be using them!

(Click on the pictures to make them larger.)

Here is the full spread. I have a two inserts this week: one 8.5 x 11 page protector with Evan's report card and Achievement award, and one trimmed page protector with three pockets.

This week I used Cathy Zielske's Tiny Templates No. 1 for a couple photos. So cute & really easy to do in Photoshop. I also used Liz Tamanaha's Photo Booth journaling cards, and one journaling card from the Clementine core kit.

I had quite a few photos I wanted to include this week, so I trimmed down one of my page protectors to fit three photos on the front, one photo & two journaling cards on the back. I adore the picture of Rocket getting ready to lick Jack... they play together a lot while Evan is at school.

The back of the trimmed page protector. I included one picture of Jack, a trimmed picture Evan drew, and a journaling card. The red type on the journaling card was an accident... I didn't realize a certain 2 year old had switched the ink color from black to red on my typewriter. Oh well! It matches the drawing. :-)

Evan's Achievement award is on the front side of the 8.5 x 11 inch page protector. His report card is on the back.


This page has one more tiny template, a magazine cover, two pictures of Evan, and a couple of pictures of Jack. I also included a Week in Review card. Under the card with the alarm clock is a letter from Mark's office with his raise information. To protect our privacy I covered it before posting it here.

I just checked Designer Digitals, and Cathy Z. has three more Tiny Templates available this week. I really like the look of these... I might just have to buy them. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Erin.

No comments: