Friday, May 18, 2012

Simon Says Stamp May KOTM

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week. Jack is still recovering from being sick (and he now has a cold), but we have had a really nice week. Evan's Kindergarten Graduation was this morning, and Mark and I were both able to attend. He has grown so much this year & it was great to see his classmates one last time. I can't believe he only has a week left of school! Where did the time go? We are all going to miss his teacher, Mrs. Lintner, very much. She has been a wonderful instructor and friend to Ev. Some people have a natural gift in teaching, and she is one of those people.  

A couple of months ago I signed up for Simon Says Stamp KOTM program after seeing some amazing cards by Jennifer McGuire. I had the pleasure of taking a class from her when we lived in Cincinnati, and she is a fantastic cardmaker. I love her style and the techniques she comes up with are truly amazing. I love getting my KOTM box every month... each one is unique and most of the stamps are exclusive to SSS. The May kit was a bit of a stretch for me... don't usually use red, pink, and blue/green together, but I ended loving every card I made. Papertrey Ink's Melon Berry and Pure Poppy ink are a perfect match for the pink and red in the kit. Most of the products I used are from the kit, except for a couple of PTI stamp sets. 


("It's Your Day" sentiment by Papertrey Ink.)

(My favorite card... I love the banner and Doodlebug buttons. "Happy Birthday" by Papertrey Ink.)



(Flowers by PTI)

I am going to enjoy our last "school weekend" before Evan's last week of Kindergarten... then summer vacation! Lazy days, trips to the pool, summer camp, swim lessons, art projects... I can't wait. 

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Not a color combo I would have thought of but you did a really great job with it, all the cards are so cute.

I,too, was always excited for summer vacation to start and never understood those parents who dreaded it. You are going to have SO much fun with those boys of yours. Cannot believe that Evan is going to be a first grader. Whoa!

Erin said...

We are all going to have a great summer. He and Jack are both taking swim lessons, and he is also going to I Spy Camp @ the zoo & hopefully golf camp. We have a very full summer planned!

Erin said...

... and thanks for the nice compliments, Cindy!