Sunday, August 26, 2012

You : Joy | Traditional Layout

We are officially in back-to-school mode here... getting up early, packing school lunches, soccer, birthday parties. Throw in a hurricane warning and our week has been a wee bit crazy! Today, especially, was go, go, go for us. Tomorrow we have another birthday party to attend, then swimming + treats with some friends. 

Even with all the running around I still find time to sneak into my studio to make a few cards or work on my Project Life album. I also made it a priority this summer to create a few traditional scrapbook layouts, something that I haven't done in a while. It felt great to create with photos again. I purchased a few products from Heidi Swapp's No Limits collection that I knew would be perfect for the boys. When I posted these pictures of Jack a few months ago, I immediately printed them so I could create a layout with them. Here is the result:


I think I'm going to frame it. And Heidi's new products were so much fun to work with! The banners, photo frames, papers... super cute & versatile. I also used a few My Mind' Eye products and Thickers for the title.




Jack started pre-school two weeks ago, and he is having the best time. Last Thursday was his first show-and-tell, and of course he had to bring Pup-Pup. Mark tucked Pup-Pup into Jack's backpack and Jack clutched to it all the way to school. Adorable. Beyond adorable.




I got both boys backpacks from Lands End last year, and they have held up really well. Jack isn't required to bring one to school, but of course he has to wear one because Evan does. And now Jack is requesting to eat lunch at school, like a lot of the other kids. When did he get so darn big? 

I also want to share a little good news... I was chosen as the Hero Arts Fresh Face for the first half of August. Mark was at work & the kids were at school when I found out, but I did my little happy dance in my office. Definitely made my day. Thanks Hero Arts! I can't wait to get my free stamps in the mail. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin.

2 comments:

Fleursbydesign said...

Congrats, love your layout :)

Jen Mc said...

Congrats!
Cute layout and pre-school pics.

Have a great week!

Visiting via 2 Peas