Monday, December 10, 2012

Cloud9 December Blog Hop

Good morning! I can't believe it's already time for the Cloud9 blog hop! This  month's inspiration photos are both beautiful and I hard time deciding what to create. I really like the gray walls with pops of red from the first photo, and I used that as my jumping off point for my card.



 I stamped the background with Wplus9's Background Builders Knit in Soft Stone ink from Papertrey in. The snowflakes are from Folk Art Flurries, and the sentiment is from Pretty Patches: Tree. The only non-Wplus9 stamp that I used the red stripe stamp, which is Papertrey Ink's Super Stripe. 


I used tweezers to apply gems to the center of each of the big snowflakes. The buttons were threaded with red and white twine by Stampin' Up!.


The boys cannot wait for Christmas... Jack asks me every day if we can open up our presents. He is very excited! Mark pulled out the tree last night & we spent the evening sorting ornaments & getting the tree decorated. 

White I was looking through Pinterest a few weeks ago I saw a photo that I wanted to replicate & I thought I had pinned it, but of course I couldn't find it last night. But I played around with my camera settings and this is what I came up with:

 
I wish I had put Jack in a darker shirt instead of white, but I really like how it turned out. My dad called it "artsy", and I agree. And I know when they are both 6 feet tall, I can look back at this picture of them so little, holding hands, and remember how cute they were. :-) And ten seconds after this photo was taken, Jack looked at me and said "are we done yet?" and Evan took off running into his bedroom. At least they were still, quiet, and happy for a few minutes!

Have a great week!

12 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous! I love everything about it.

Jenny said...

Love these colors together Erin!
Beautiful work! And yes (smile) your photo of the boys is gorgeous.

Cindy said...

That is absolutely the sweetest photo ever...melts my heart!

Where on earth are you finding the time to create all these beautiful cards?

Unknown said...

This is simple and stunning.
I may copy your card some day...:)
And the picture of your boys is speechless. What a beatiful scene is that? You captured the moment.

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh, I love this card! And your photo, AMAZING!

Kristie said...

LOVE your card! The photo of your boys is simply stunning!

anya said...

Erin, I absolutely adore your card. This is such a perfect combination of elements and so well put-together. I also love the photograph you took, what a beautiful setting. Thank you for joining in this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card... love the soft stone/red combination! And, a lovely photo too!

Greta said...

Wonderful card & amazing picture you will always treasure!

Nirupama said...

Great shot! To get them both to stand still together is a real feat!

Christina said...

First of all, your photo is absolutely beautiful and precious! I just love the silhouettes against the glow of the tree lights.
Your card is equally gorgeous! The stamped knit background with red accents really captures the mood of the photo. Love that cluster of buttons, too!

Dawn said...

Everything about this is beautiful! Perfection.

And that photo is too precious!