Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Evan!

Hey there! Our spring break has definitely not turned out the way we expected... I am really sick and we have had to cancel most of our plans. I am just heartbroken for Evan... his 7th birthday was yesterday and we have canceled most of his birthday plans because I can't leave the couch! 

Despite having to shuffle our schedule around, Ev still had a great day. Mark picked up a chocolate cake from Publix (complete with trick candles), and Evan got to spend some birthday money on Nurf guns and a mini bowling set from Toys R Us. We gave him two new Lego Star Wars sets + a new soccer goal for the backyard. Hopefully Mark and I will have enough energy to put it together tomorrow! 

I was feeling nostalgic last night and went looking for pictures of Evan as a baby... and I found these from the day after he was born. I think he was 7 or 8 hours old in these photos and I cherish them:


He. Was. Perfect. In every way. He never cried, loved to be held, and I fell in love with him the moment he was placed in my arms. I remember these first moments so vividly... I should have been exhausted, but all I wanted to do was hold him in my arms. And look at his cute little nose!  



And here he is today. 7 years old. 49.5 inches tall, 55 pounds, size 7 clothes, and size 2.5 shoes. Tall. Lean. Wide shoulders and long legs. And definitely all boy. 


Happy 7th Birthday, Evan! I love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Couldn't imagine going through this life without my little buddy by my side. Life's been an adventure and he makes the best side kick.