Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ColourQ | Challenge #224

Hi there! I am back home and back to feeling crafty. I love coming home to my office after a long break and I was anxious to dive into a few projects last night. I'm still working on finishing up my December Daily album, and I also pulled out the January Studio Calico kit to create a card for this week's ColourQ challenge.


I used Memento Luxe ink in Gray Flannel for the whale. I wanted the ink to look a bit splotchy and uneven (for realism), so I pressed down harder around the edges, then die cut the whale (and the spray of water) from white cardstock. I am out of Island Indigo cardstock and substituted Bazzill's Moody Blue cardstock. The patterned paper, stamps, dies, jawbreakers (great name!), "hi" button, and washi are also from this month's Studio Calico kit (Copper Mountain).


I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for stopping by. :)

5 comments:

Jo said...

So cute!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet, Erin!

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin thisi is just so cute, love it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, what a great card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Sylvia said...

What a cheery card, Erin, love the anchor background and that cute whale! So happy to see you at the colourQ, thanks for playing!