Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ColourQ | Challenge #245

I had to have Studio Calico's Ciao kit when it was released earlier this month, and the stamp set is even cuter in person. I picked up the matching dies and used both to create a card for this week's ColourQ challenge


I have all the Stampin' Up! colors listed, but my Summer Starfruit ink was not giving a good impression, so I switched to Papertrey Ink's Harvest Gold ink. The patterned paper is also from Studio Calico's Ciao kit. The star sequins are a coral color in real life, but they reflected the flash and look clear/white in the picture.


I have to give a shout out to my hubby, who kindly used his dremel tool to cut apart the matching dies for this set. I usually do okay if the dies are wired together with two pieces of wire, but three and I have issues. He did ask if there is another way to detached wired dies... not everyone has a handy husband with a dremel tool. If anyone has a suggestion for me, I would appreciate it!

Have a great week!
 

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin I total have trouble with the three wires, especially when they are so close together. I use a pair of wire cutters, they tip is a bit thick so it can be tricky but it usually gets at least one wire free. Your card is just so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This card is sooo adorable! As for cutting the wires, I have a little wire cutting tool that I got from Paper Smooches. I've seen the same tool other places too (wish I could remember where, though) :(

maria f. said...

This is such an adorable baby card! I hate those wires too.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable...love your little zoo critters! So glad you could play with our CQC colors this week!

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute! I love the button cluster. My heart belongs to buttons :)

Sylvia said...

Such a sweet baby card, Erin, love the stamping you did and the buttons!So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us.