Sunday, August 17, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch! | Challenge #88



Happy Sunday, friends! Is anyone else gearing up for the first day of school? Evan's first day is tomorrow and Jack starts kindergarten on Thursday. We've had a wonderful summer, but the past week has been a challenge... so. much. bickering! I can't wait for them to be in school! We need a little separation from each other. :)

Today I have a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge


I combined products from several different companies for my card. The butterfly stamps and dies are from my favorite Hero Arts sets: Butterflies 3. I have used this set so many time... you can see my other cards using it here, here, and here. I colored each of the butterflies with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers, then applied wide double sided tape to the top of each butterfly. After I trimmed around the butterfly, I peeled the backing off the tape and applied some clear Martha Stewart glitter. I've found that this glitter works best for this technique. It is transparent enough for the ink and marker to show through, but it leaves a really great shine. 

The patterned vellum is from Studio Calico's South of Market collection, and I'm hoarding it like crazy. I love the pattern, and it works great on so many projects! 

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Hero Arts) Butterflies 3. (Papertrey Ink) Wonderful Words Additions. Dies: (Hero Arts) Butterflies 3. (Papertrey Ink) Wonderful Words. Ink: (Memento) Tuxedo Black. Cardstock: (Papertrey) White. Vellum: (Studio Calico) South of Market. Impression Plate: (Papertrey Ink) Linen and Canvas. Markers: Copic & Spectrum Noir. Gems: Hero Arts. Button: October Afternoon. Other: Twine.)

Check back soon for this week's RetroSketches challenge (and card!). 

Have a great week! 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Lots of lovely white space, beautiful colors, and a bit of texture and sparkle.... perfect for CTS #88!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Erin! I love how the butterflies extend beyond the card! Thanks, always, for joining CTS!

Bonnie M said...

Congratulations on your win! The vellum circle is very special.